When Melissa suggested the Biggest Loser Challenge, I thought it would be a great idea. I need to lose my winter weight (don't ya know your supposed to gain a little in the winter to help keep warm) and start feeling better. Then I realized (k, I'm a little slow here) that I would actually have to change some of my lovely, relaxing, indulgent winter habits if I really wanted this end result. So with the biggest loser challenge hanging in the air, I am working to get back to feeling healthy again. One step at a time though....don't rush me.
To start, I want to reclaim my mornings. I am not a morning person, but
have always wished I was. Morning is a beautiful thing to witness...if you can keep your eyes open and mind somewhat focused on it's wonders. Plain and simply, I need to go to bed at a decent time, or morning just hurts. Then I slug around, don't eat right and miss the opportunity of quiet time, and exercising without kids crying and fighting because I'm ignoring them. Even though I have always felt that sleeping in equals peace and happiness, my body and spirit tell me differently.
So, before anything else, I need to have things back in order. Be consistent with my bedtime and let that help align the rest.
1 comment:
I am sooo with you on this one. I, too, have always wanted to be a morning person but have always thought that it wasn't worth it. However, I have started getting up at 5am a couple of times a week to work out and I actually love being up and dressed when Jacob wakes up, instead of having him drag me out of bed. Good luck with your quest!
Post a Comment