My house is old and my walls are ugly. I know. Still, I expect my kids to know that black sharpie pictures on the wall are a no, no.
So when I came upon this one...
not just a quick scribble, but an intricate drawing that must have taken a while, not to mention a little forethought, I was appalled.
It's amazing how fast a momma who doesn't usually yell can gather her kids when all of a sudden she does.
Immediately there was a volley of blame and denial. Soni said no way was it her, because she is a much better drawer than that. Eve said she was sure it was Austin. Austin said that he was pretty sure it was Bingham (that was my guess too). Eve (who looks for every opportunity to get Austin in trouble) said it couldn't have been Bingham because it was too high on the wall for Bingham to have reached.
Then we heard a small voice coming from underneath the blankets on the bed.
It said, "The Bingham can reach that high if he stands on his very tippy toes."
Guilty.
5 comments:
You just made my day. I can't stop laughing. Sorry about the wall. But still, I had to laugh!
I bet you couldn't punish him either because that was too cute.
Ohh my goodness ... How funny! Will Magic Eraser take sharpie off the wall? We have had to use the Magic Eraser many times in our house! I love that you have a lot of detectives living in your home! :)
I love it. And I love catching up but I need to call you instead of just reading your blog. I'm excited for your job!
Braden still finds a need to express him self on hard surfaces! At parent teacher conference yes just 3 weeks a go, his English teacher said that he had been drawing on the desk, and questioned everyone that sat there before she ask Braden...Yes it was him, at lest he was honest! and yes he had to clean it up! I have had so many surfaces on furniture carved up or written on over the years, I finally thought he had grown out of it! Oh well I guess it could be worse!
Post a Comment