The theme for this week is....
RAIN!
It has been so very dry this year, even in the spring we only got one or two rain storms. It's been a struggle to keep the grass and garden wet enough, and we only got one small turn at the irrigation water this spring. Then this week it all changed. Just like that. Every evening it clouded up and rained, and it made all the difference.
I remember growing up when every prayer was praying for moisture or expressing gratitude for it. It's different of course, when your livelihood depends on it Even when I left home I continued to pray for rain. It was only when we lived in SC that it felt a little strange to pray for rain when we would have such heavy rainfall, but it always made me feel closer to family to remember Juniper and to pray for rain.
My livelihood doesn't depend on what falls from the sky, but there is something in me that still does. After a week of cool rainy evenings, I can feel myself starting to relax and enjoy summer even more. And what good is a rainstorm with out a picnic, so we called up some friends to come roast hot dogs in the rain with us. It was perfect and we all agreed to not wait for the next rainstorm to do it again.
1 comment:
I Love all your pics! I get to see where you live and what the world looks like in Colorado! Missing you! I think of you all the time!
Post a Comment