Monday, May 3, 2010

What a weekend

We had a great weekend. It started with a little unexpected girls night out. I have a friend whose husband is in the army and is on leave. They have 4 kids and she homeschools them all and was in need of a break. Phil offered to take the kids for the night so we could go up to Springs for a doctrinal fireside given by Pres. Mcconkie. So we left Phil with 8 kids (go ahead, you can laugh a little), some pizza and lots of movies, and hit the road. The fireside was amazing, I think this man has read (and memorized) anything and everything pertaining to religion that has ever been written. I took notes like crazy...have you ever been lost and you drive around for a while until you finally find something farmilliar but you're in a completely different place than you thought you were in, and you think it would be nice to see a map, just to see where you had been....well, it was kind of like that, and hopefully, my notes will be that map.

We got home to find everyone healthy and happy, even Phil. I guess there was a minor poop emergency, but the kids were good to help out with that one. Oh, and Bingham and Belle (2 year old girl) both had their toenails painted black...by each other, nobody else saw anything of it, and I have yet to find the bottle or the mess. Overall, not bad for 8 to 1.

Saturday morning we had a race that Austin and I were signed up for. It's a small local race, but they really do a good job and it was a lot of fun. Eve stayed with Bingham and Sonya (and a lot of others from our ward) and Phil ran the 5K with Austin and I ran the 5 mile. Austin came in at 27:45, a good race for him, and I came in at 40.00.6. I had been telling everyone that I wanted to come in under 40 minutes thinking it would put more pressure on myself to run hard...well, I ran hard, but dang....oh well, maybe next year.



As soon as the race was over and we were all standing around chatting, I notice Bingham is missing. I had just seen him less than a minute earlier, and I wasn't too scared at first, thinking he took off with one of the older kids, but as I found all the older kids and no Bingham I got a little nervous. Did I mention we were at a park near a large, fast flowing river? We had lots of friends there who jumped right in and helped us look, but I had been around the area twice and no luck...can you say, "panic"?  Finally, I went back up on the brigde, it being the highest point, and I see him coming up the trail with some of the final race finishers. I don't know how far he went down the trail before he decided to come back (he was looking for me), but I'm sure glad he did. He didn't like it, but his hand was stuck to mine for the rest of the time we were there.

After that drama, we hit the shower and then the road again for the temple. It seems we never have a Saturday free for going, so we jumped at the chance of half a Saturday...even still, there was a lot of stuff left undone so we could go. Turned out nice, of course. Phil and I took turns staying with the kids at a park near the temple and it everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. I never get tired of it.

Then there was Sunday. I woke up feeling sore and achy and just blamed it on the race, but by the time I got the kids dressed and to church, it was very obvious it was the flu. The good part is, it was Sunday so Phil didn't have to work, so I came home and went to bed....I don't think I've ever been able to do that before, so even sick, it was nice.

1 comment:

Simple Life said...

What a crazy weekend... My heart sank when you said you lost Bingham so I cant imagine what you felt like.. That is alot for one weekend maybe you should just rest this weekend!