Sunday, May 16, 2010

Snowflakes and Sunflowers

This weekend the boys had a father son camping trip with our ward. What they didn't know is that the location they were headed requires four wheel drive when there is a foot of fresh snow...k, they didn't really know there would be snow either. Good thing they had a cabin, and friends that pulled them back on the road a few times.



Phil was a little stressed, but Bingham and Austin thought it was awesome. They got to shoot guns, sled and do a little snowmobiling. I guess at one point durning the night, Bingham woke up a little nervous but Phil didn't hear him at first so he went to the nearest warm body and crawled in.



Luckily, it was one of our good friends who has a little boy Bingham's age, and IS used to waking up with kids at night. Phil did eventually wake up and get Bingham back in the right bag.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the girls and I had a little party involving nails (fingernails that is), dinner out, a GIRLY movie and some really tasty rootbeer. We even got some flowers planted before the boys got back with all their stink. I have a bunch of volunteer sunflowers coming up in my pea patch, so we transplanted them to a large circle that I tilled in the back yard (one advantage of not having grass back there).



There is a kids book about a family that planted sunflowers like this and as they grow they create a sunflower hut...the kids have wanted to try it for years...we'll have to see how it goes. Unfortunately, by the time we were done planting the fancy fingernails were...um, not so fancy.

1 comment:

Becky said...

a sunflower hut would ROCK! That will be fun for them. I was going to plant some mammoth sunflowers this year, but did not get them started soon enough. Maybe next time :)