The annual Blossom Day race was last Saturday. We almost didn't run it, see I had big plans for this race, but didn't quite put in the time for such plans to succeed. I'm ashamed to say I was of the thinking, "if you can't succeed, why try?" Just in time I was reminded that a race is much more than the finish time so we signed up.
Pre-race game face.
I love the confidance of these two, they are never afraid to claim their spot on the starting line and attack the race full on. It took me more than a mile to catch them.
Here's their finish. Austin said he was just getting really tired when he saw the finish then he found his kick. He came in around 24:30ish...about two minutes faster than his last race.
Here's Eve's finish....what a difference it makes to know your almost there. She's not as speedy as Austin, but I love her determination and desire to have fun anyway.
Bingham and Soni looking a little nervous at the start of the kids race. Soni had been saying all week how she didn't want to run. I convinced her to just wear her running shoes just in case. Within ten minutes of arriving she was asking if she could run. Running is HIGHLY contagious!
Where's Waldo Bingham? I have to look for him everytime, and everytime I find him I can't help but grin.
Soni was really moving along unless she saw us with the camera, then she'd stop and wave. Phil had to use covert opperations to take pictures without being seen.
Look at that focus!
Bingham's big finish...the kid was dead last, but you couldn't tell by the smile on his face!
Post race cool down.
They all ran races they can be proud of, and I was excited to take a minute off my time from last year, but even better than that it was a good race...a good reminder of the good times between the gun and tape.
2 comments:
Sweet! You're so good at getting them out there.
GO kids! I should have read this post before my half marathon yesterday! That whole "why even try" thing was weighing heavy on my mind for 13 HARD miles! So fun for them to get out there!
Post a Comment