There was a comparison made today in church of two rocks, both worn smooth by knocks and jolts. Sharp corners worn off and rounded down to a smooth surface. One ended as a nice round normal rock, the other a gem. The only difference being what was inside.
Jeanne Marie is a gem...I'm not good with the "was" word.
My heart hurts for her family and is filled with admiration for her and the way she lived her life. I am amazed and grateful to be a part of this family that is hers. I'm thankful that she chose to share this part of her journey with the family. Her e-mails and updates allowed me to not only get to know her better but to be a part of the constant prayers that were prayed in her behalf. After all, "prayer changes everything." (Becky said there was a sign outside Jeanne's home with that on it.) I am learning to never underestimatet the effects of a family praying together.
I couldn't help but think about who was there to greet her. Grandpa and Uncle Eric, and I know Ruth would have been there too...I'm sure there were others, but the thought of that trio made me smile. I've been missing my little sister lately, I just miss talking to her...saying things out loud and hearing her respond, but I love to think of her having these wonderful moments too; greeting and welcoming family in to that wonderful place.
I remember Jeanne coming down to be with Dad and help just after Ruth died and there was this moment at the end of the day when we were all gathered in the hospital. Joe had just arrived, and we were all so tired of being sad that we had slipped to the other end of the spectrum and were laughing uncontrollably at Joe describing a conversation he had with Mike. I looked over and saw Jeanne watching us and at first I thought she must think we were all crazy to be laughing when everything was so sad. Just then she caught my eye and I knew she understood it all. At that moment I was so thankful that my Dad had a sister like that.
2 comments:
Praying for you and your family! I don't know the Situation but my heart hurts for you.. as I read you heart in this post. Love ya girl
So glad you're coming. I love our family.
Post a Comment