Make that 3 loads.
I've lived here for three summers and little by little I've watched my garden go down hill. We have a pretty big compost operation, but not as big as our garden and my depleted soil isn't up for another year without some sort of replenishment. Ever since we moved here I've been looking for a supplier, someone with a little extra, um...crap to spare and who is willing to load. Thanks to craigslist and a kind friend willing to loan me her truck, we spent the afternoon shoveling the good stuff. Two loads for us and one for my friend with the truck. My new supplier, I call him Compost Joe, loaded us up with his tractor and then Phil and I shoveled it out. My weak winter muscles are completely exhausted, but this is one load that takes a load off my mind for spring time. And yes, I thought it looked beautiful out there in the corner of my garden as the sun was going down and I couldn't resist a picture or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment