Yesterday Austin and I finally went on the bike ride we had been planning all winter. For the middle of February you couldn't ask for better weather. I didn't bring my camera which I am kinda bummed about, but really I don't know when I would have used it...it was a lot of work to keep up with that kid. The plan was to ride up around the reservoir on the back roads, but of course we didn't stick to that plan. We spent a lot of time messing around on some hills and ditches and I'm pretty sure I haven't ridden like that since I was Austin's age...but I'm not Austin's age and my body is feeling the pain today. I need one of those cushy old lady seats.
After playing off road for a while it was a little boring to get back on the road so we took another detour which proved to be fun and a little wet and completely worth it. The reservoir was still frozen at the far end so of course Austin had to check it out and see how much abuse it could take. It was fun to spend the day with Austin and I have to say the kid is growing up nicely. There was a time when he was all guts and rookie skill and a ride like this would have ended up with Austin bloody and upset, but now things are balancing out, the boy has skills and just enough fear to keep him from doing anything too crazy....most of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment