So, the Proclamation Vacation idea was born.
We decided to memorize "The Family" A Proclimation to the World. Just a paragraph, or sentence, or phrase at a time. And we'd take our time and talk about it as we go, and the reward would be a trip to Etlitch Gardens in Denver when we're done. Each month the kids work hard on memorizing I put a little cash in aside for our vacation. Most of our vacation time is spent traveling to see family, and we really wouldn't have it any other way, but it does limit the other more traditional family vacations we could take, so everyone is pretty excited about this one.
Everyone has been working hard, and I'm always so amazed at the abilities of these small minds. Even Bingham loves to take a turn. I usually just say the words and he repeats them, but about a month ago I was pretty suprised when he just took off and pretty much said the whole paragraph himself. The other day I got him to do it for the camera...there were a lot of distractions, but he still did pretty good. There is a pharse that says, "are created in the image of God," but he would always say cremated instead of created. We've laughed at it too many times, so now he say that part in a whisper...opps. Although I was tempted to post the video where he recited it the best, this one makes me laugh more...so it won.
ps Sorry about the hot chocolate all over the place.
![]() |
| This free digital scrapbook created with Smilebox |

1 comment:
making us all laugh! LOVE it! Keep it up Bingham. My MiaMaids want to memorize "The Living Christ" so I have the first sentence done and that was tough...but we'll get it!
Post a Comment