Thursday, November 25, 2010

Perfect Thanksgiving

I love being surrounded by loads of crazy family on Thanksgiving, but I also love just a simple quiet Thanksgiving with my kids and husband. This year we chose the later mixed with a little of the former crazy.

Everyone helped cook, especially EVE, and it was fun conversation and creativity in the kitchen, except when it wasn't and I had to send everyone to their rooms.

We played cards and read books and it was nice and quiet, except when it wasn't and I had to send everyone to their rooms.

Austin played with Sonya and Bingham like a good big brother and had them squealing with laughter, except when the laughter turned to tears and I had to send everyone to their rooms.

Dinner was delish with gravy, potatoes, stuffing and turkey, except for the parts that didn't get fully cooked and had to be sent back to their rooms the oven.

And now the pies are cooling on the table, sweet goodness waiting to be had, except...hey, where's Bingham..OH NO!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Too funny. When they're teenagers you can't get them out of their rooms.

Becky said...

Sounds like fun...I mean you know - as fun as it can be in your room! I about had to knock a few heads together today too, but they were taking care of that just fine :)

Unknown said...

Well our kids were all good...Edward went to his room once and didn't stay long enough and yes we had to put our turkey back in the oven also LOL!!! I guess I should have tested the thermometer.

Simple Life said...

That is SO FUNNY! Glad you had a great thanksgiving!