We usually go on a hike after Thanksgiving. This year the opportunity presented itself a few days early, so we jumped on it. I’m so glad we did, since Austin hurt his ankle the night before Thanksgiving and was “hobbling around like an old man” (his words, not mine) for three days.
We went to Florence Mountain Park and hiked up a canyon there. It was beautiful, perfect weather and all of the kids and dogs hiked every step on their own, with very little complaining and a lot of fun. It has been a long time since I’ve been on a hike with out a child strapped to my back our in my tummy…it was almost as good as not buying diapers anymore. Luckily, they still like to hold my hand as we hike….now that is something I never get tired of.
All of these fun little waterfalls, and the trail going back and forth across the stream, and NOBODY go wet…it was the strangest thing.
The ice skating across the frozen pond made me a little nervous, but mostly I just wished I was as carefree (and light) as these kiddos.
Once they had explored the ice surface, it’s only logical to wonder what was underneath.
We are wanting a good snow storm so badly, but I guess if the weather is determined to stay nice, we’ll put the hot chocolate back up in the cupboard and hit the trail.
1 comment:
That looks like fun! My kids were laughing at the boys looking through the ice :) We need some serious snow shoes here to get around.
Post a Comment