Yep, Soni lost another tooth. It has been loose all summer and finally I just reached in and grabbed it. She thought it was extremely painful until she saw the tooth in my hand. Now I get such a kick out of her lisp. She is going to a surprise princess party next week and every time she asks about it I have to tease her a little bit.
Austin and Phil ran another 5K last Saturday, I was planning on running it too until my friend talked me into running a marathon this fall so we did 12 miles before the race. That's my friend's kid that's running with Austin. They're both so dang competitive, but they really worked together and planned a tie at the end. They came in at 26:42...speedy boys.
We went to the reservoir last week and took Sam and Joe. Their older sister was the one killed in the auto accident and they spent most of the week at our house. It was good to have them here and I just wanted to help anyway I could....the problem came when Eve and Sam floated away from the creek and out into the reservoir. They can both swim, but there was a pretty strong current and they both panicked. Phil and two other boys jumped in to get them back to the shore. It was a little scary there for a minute, but my biggest fear was telling the mom who had just lost a daughter that I just about drowned another. I mentioned it as casually as I could and I'm pretty sure she was so emotionally wiped out it didn't even click on her register...and she let me keep the kids several times since then, so I think we're all good.
So....next week school starts and again I ask myself..."why do I send my kids away all day?" Yes, they drive me crazy, but it's a good crazy and things are awful quiet when they're gone.
2 comments:
I miss you all! Love seeing pics of the kids! Soni looks so cute with the missing teeth!
Oh my goodness! Cute, cute pictures!!
And I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for commenting on my post about family planning yesterday. I had to laugh because I totally know what you mean! I whole-heartedly agree with what you said!
Post a Comment