and this....
and this....
oh, and this...
well, the story must be told.
After spending time in Utah with family down there we loaded up the van with food and headed to Idaho. We got to hang with Jim, Shaye and cutie Sawyer before everyone came and all the festivities got started. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. I knew Shaye would be a good mama, (love ya, Shaye) the surprise came with my little bro Jimbo...who knew? Jim has always been a softy...in a tough manly sort of way of course, but man...Sawyer has his daddy whooped! That was so fun to see...worth the trip right there.
Wednesday was for work. I knew it was coming, in fact I usually enjoy a good project out on the farm, but boy this was one heck of a project. I just kept thinking what a monster it would have been if we all weren't there to do it together.
And after the work, we got to relax in the shade of what was left of "the tree"...even half gone there was still plenty of shade to go around.
And flowers...from Grandma's bloomin' yard. It knew Mom wouldn't be there but showed off anyway.
Thursday was all about celebrating this sweet little munch and her decision to be baptized. She is such a kind, giggly little girl.....
...with a little glint in her eye that makes you wonder what she's been up too. Being so far away from family, I miss some of these special days, so I felt very lucky to be able to be there for her big day.
After the baptism we headed out to the middle of nowhere for a little family reunion fun. Having grown up on a farm in the middle of nowhere, I'm well aware of the fun that is to be had in such places, but this was over the top. Water slides, zip line, kids flying through the air and candy falling from the sky....mix that with a whole bunch of wonderful people and good times are what we had.
Melissa's family was there too, and what a fun bunch of people. Singing around the campfire was a highlight, and something I hope we do again. I'm pretty sure Melissa's family is a little more talented in the singing department, so just in case we are on our own next year, here is a little challenge for all my nieces and nephews....
Flea Fly (LaVista)
(This is a "repeat after me" song!!)
Flea.
Flea fly.
Flea fly flo.
LaVista.
Cumalada, cumalada, cumalada, vista.
Oh, no, no, no, not the vista.
Eeeenimeenie, dessimeenie, oowalawalameenie.
Essimeenie, solomeenie, oowalawa.
A be billy oten doten bobo ba deeten doten
Bobo ba deeten doten shhhhhhhhhhh!
....k, you all know what to do, right? ...can't wait for next year!
1 comment:
Love the pictures and updates...I'm not that far yet, but catching up.
Post a Comment