4:30 am came REALLY fast after a week of hard play and I had repetitive questions concerning our sanity. I put the kids to bed in their running clothes and we had breakfast in the car. It went so smoothly I'm thinking about trying this for school :) The hardest part was getting everybody's numbers and chips on, and trips to the bathroom, after that, it was a
There was excitement.....
..a little pre-race dancing..
All feet in!
It had to be one of my favorite races (I'll get to the Malta race later) simply because of who I was with. It was an honor to run with such cool kids, I'm a better runner because of it. It was a bit of work to make it down to Provo after a week like we had, but I did enjoy remembering Ruth and wondering what she was thinking as she ran that same route. I ran with Eve at a pretty slow pace, and it was interesting to see and hear people as they passed...really working hard and so determined to reach their own goals regardless of the thousands of people passing or being passed. It was a little different perspective for me and I am greatful for it. Eve hasn't really had a positive experience in a 5K until this one, and I was so proud of her. Not only did she beat her own time by about 10 minutes, she had an awesome attitude the entire time. It was a sweet experience to run with her. I guess a pre-race sleep over at Mary's is a good thing, she really knows how to get kids to go to bed on time...right Megan?
Post race smiles...
...and of course, the reason we all signed up in the first place!
It had to be one of my favorite races (I'll get to the Malta race later) simply because of who I was with. It was an honor to run with such cool kids, I'm a better runner because of it. It was a bit of work to make it down to Provo after a week like we had, but I did enjoy remembering Ruth and wondering what she was thinking as she ran that same route. I ran with Eve at a pretty slow pace, and it was interesting to see and hear people as they passed...really working hard and so determined to reach their own goals regardless of the thousands of people passing or being passed. It was a little different perspective for me and I am greatful for it. Eve hasn't really had a positive experience in a 5K until this one, and I was so proud of her. Not only did she beat her own time by about 10 minutes, she had an awesome attitude the entire time. It was a sweet experience to run with her. I guess a pre-race sleep over at Mary's is a good thing, she really knows how to get kids to go to bed on time...right Megan?

2 comments:
Wait-What don't I know about them falling asleep? You make me feel like I missed something...which I'm always pretty sure of but now that I know I need to know what it is. :-)
I think it may have something to do with threatening her that she would have to spend the night with Larry & Becky...that should do it :)
Post a Comment