This week was CO week at Phil's work. They have lots of different games, competitions, a car show and the BBQ is smoking all week. The first year we were here for this it felt a little strange to take my kids to a prison complex for a party, but they really do a lot to make it family friendly and encourage employees to bring in their families. All the events are held at the training center that is up over the hill from the rest of the complex.
On Monday they had a ceremony where they give the yearly awards and honor any fallen officers. This year Phil got roped into singing not one, but TWO songs solo. Then, to top it off, he received the employee of the year award also. When people came up to congratulate him, there was more emphasis on the guts (not the words they used) it took to get up there and sing than they employee of the year award. Personally, I was proud of him for both.
We all did the 5K on Tuesday. I was pushing Bingham in the stroller and I thought Soni could just walk with Eve and I. But she said she was feeling sick and wanted to ride with Bingham. It only took us getting about 100 yards into the race before she caught the running bug and wanted out of the stroller. I told her to take off and we would catch her when she go tired. Turns out...she didn't get tired, at least not for a good 2 miles. I think she heard me tell Eve that the only rule was to stay in front of the walkers, so every time she started to slow down this really fast walker would catch up to her and so she'd start running again. Finally, I had to leave Eve behind and go catch Soni (this was the mother in me freaking out about being on prison grounds), and as soon as I did that Eve decided she didn't have any one to complain to anymore and she kicked it in also. All good fun in the end....and by fun I mean all you can eat candy bars. Bingham really took advantage of that one.
Phil signed me up to play with the SORT team volleyball team because they needed a girl. I did so awesome they asked me to play on their softball team also...I'm really not very good at softball, and I tried to get out of it, but all the other available wives were pregnant or had small babies. So I spent Saturday playing (if you can call it that) softball. Meanwhile the kids played on a bunch of jump houses that were set up, and had a blast, but after 5 hours there they were pretty tired. Bingham fell asleep on the way home and when I laid him down on his bead, Austin climbed in with him and went to sleep...it was 6:30. I've finally found the secret to wearing those two down...who knew?
Now, if you've read this far, you get a bonus. Does anyone have one of these lying around in their kitchen?
2 comments:
Funny kid! We LOVED hearing Phil sing. He is a SUPER good singer! I bet he did AMAZING.
Funny kid! We LOVED hearing Phil sing. He is a SUPER good singer! I bet he did AMAZING.
Post a Comment