My body felt numb and I could hear the blood pounding in my ears. Fear and embarrassment fought for control of my limbs, and just as I was about to grab Bingham and make a run for it, I heard a sweat voice behind me ask, “Can I help you?”
It’s been fun this year to have Bingham as my buddy when all the kids are in school. We have fun little conversations as we clean, cook and run errands. He really is a smart little kid, and usually makes me laugh. Yesterday we were in town running a few errands and ended up at Home Depot looking for some seeds. Right next to the seeds were some kitchen sinks on display. Next thing I know Bingham is standing there with a silly grin on his face pointing to a yellow pool of liquid in the lowest sink (envision a Bingham sized urinal).When the sales lady asked if we needed help and I realized she hadn’t seen the mess, (she was too busy talking about what a cute little boy I had) I seriously thought about making a hasty exit, but my conscience got the better of me and I confessed and even cleaned it all up myself…AND finished my shopping before I left.
Knowing me, had I made a run for the door, I probably would have forgotten the seed packets in my hand until they grabbed me for shoplifting. Just call me lucky.
2 comments:
Sooooo funny! We always joked that one of our kids would do that, but it never happened (whew!) You should take Angel with you (cute pictures by the way) b/c they allow dogs in Home Depot then you could blame it on her. :-)
Oh my... That is funny! Is this what I have to look forward to?
Post a Comment