Monday, December 28, 2009

Sweet Times

I feel like I've been a little out of the loop. We had a SWEET Christmas...busy, but it was a good busy and very enjoyable.


I've always wanted to do gingerbread houses, I think I even tried once with lousy drippy frosting and everything just slid off. We did one from a kit with Joe and Tawny one year, and that was fun, but I wanted to try it with real gingerbread. It worked out so well. My baking skills are hit and miss, but the gingerbread turned out perfect and my house smelled so good for at least two days. I did mini graham houses for the kids, because I had very little faith in my gingerbread making capabilities, and I wanted a backup. It was a lot of fun, and I loved how different each little house was. Next year I think we'll just all work on one big one...see if we can bring all our different styles together.



Bingham loved having everyone home to play with, and he did a pretty good job keeping up, but after a late afternoon hike he couldn't even make it to the couch, let alone his bed. He sat down on the kitchen rug, took off his shoes and fell asleep.

I love Christmas Break! Crazy....yes, but I love NOT sending my kids to school every morning. And the weather was perfect....everything from waterguns to snowmen...never a dull moment. I'm so glad we have a whole other week to kick back...who knows what it will bring.
I had to sneak this picture in. Austin has always been our climber...the kid can reach anything, but Bingham, he's all about jumping off everything. He has learned that the bunkbed is a little high for a comfortable landing (thank goodness) so I'm hoping his common sense is growing in porpotion to his desire to fly.


It was so great to have family here...and getting here was no easy task, we are so greatful for their sacrifice and braving the winter storms to be with us for Austin's baptism. I'm so proud of that kid. Believe it or not, he does have a serious side, and a strong desire to do what is right. On the way home after his baptism I asked him how he felt, if he felt any different. He said, "Well, yeah! I feel a lot different....everything feels different." I remember after my own baptism, falling asleep in the back of the van on the way home feeling so warm and completly at peace. It wasn't how I thought I would feel, but it was perfect all the same. As I was tucking him in, I told him he needed to write down his feelings before he forgot. He said, "I feel good, warm, clean, good, washed, just good." Not a kid of many words, but he's all heart.

No comments: