This is a post I started the week before Christmas, because I knew I wouldn't get to it on Austin's birthday, better late than never.
Austin is officially 8. I was just talking to Dad about when he was helping us move to SC and he had Austin in the moving truck with him. All of a sudden, Austin opens the door like he wants to get out. Sure, Dad drives slow, but not that slow. In fact, if I recall, he hit the exit pretty fast to get Austin secured again in his seat. Such is the story of his life. Austin continues to take our breath away, or just plain scare the bajeebies out of us. Being his mom is a bit of a balancing act, but most of the time I'm just so thankful to be along for the ride.
Austin has been a little obsessed with anything camo lately, we were teasing him about ability to blend into the background so he took it up a notch and disguised himself as a cattail.
This is back in the day of Super Popper. Austin would put his socks on his hands and transform into Supper Popper. I can still hear his little voice telling me about flying around the universe and blasting off like a rocket.
Go, go, go....containment is not an option, my only goal is to keep him pointed in the right direction, cause there is no stopping this kid.
This was his first race. He didn't want to do it, so I was running with Eve and pushing him in the stroller, until we passed this old man who pointed to him and said, "You should be running." So he hopped out and ran the whole rest of the way.
It was so fun to see him yesterday as he was baptized, and for the last few months as he has been preparing for this. He's put a lot of serious thought into his decision, and has asked a lot of good questions. His thought process intrigues me and I know it's my job to keep him safe and teach him what's right, but the longer I do this "mom thing" the more I'm amazed by their ability to teach me and keep me pointed in the right direction. Good stuff.

1 comment:
Austin, we're so proud of you...and will forever be running in your dust trying to keep up. Your mom is waaaaayyyy ahead of us.
Post a Comment