Sunday, March 22, 2009

Climbing mountians and smelling flowers

Saturday we went for a hike up Phantom Canyon. We started out hiking up a dry stream bed, but of course that didn't satisfy Eve and Austin's need for height, so they take off up the side of the mountain. Soni and I started up after them with plans to just go to the first big bolder. Soon Phil and Bingham were following and we all just kept climbing. It was pretty steep and nothing felt very stable. My kids are pretty adventurous, so I encourage them to stop when they feel nervous....that was quite a bit higher than where I felt nervous, but I was proud of them for coming back on their own. It was a fun little hike.....once we got the little ones down. By that time, Eve and Austin had started up the other side, so I stayed at the bottom with Soni and Bingham and Phil whet with them. After a while, I hear what sounds like a huge rock slide and Austin screaming. When things settled a bit I could still hear him yelling....happy yelling. Aparently he had a fun time sliding down the side of the mountian because this is what he was yelling: "I feel like angles are lifting me up....I think I need a diaper!" I'm not sure if that was faith replacing fear or vice versa, but he came down with a smile. I took pictures as he told me of his adventure...most were too blury...it was a very exciting story. Eve was a little upset for being left behind, but wiped her tears enough for me to take some cute pictures of her too.



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

Simple Life said...

Your Children are beautiful! I love the neat things you do with your pictues. I love Black and White Photos!

Kim said...

That is so cute that you took pics of him while he told you his story. What a great idea! It sounds like you have such fun adventures with your kids.