I'm a little slow with this, but I had to post, for two reasons. 1-keeping a record of my sweet kiddos and 2-because I had an awesome birthday. There was no "one great event" that made it so, but I truly felt loved the entire day. The three oldest kids all wrote me notes and wrapped them in their own way. Eve with her colors and fancy cursive letters. Austin used hardware clamps from the garage. Soni wrapped hers in a beaded purse.

Such individuals...these little ones that I so often lump together in one group. Their words written were equally thoughtful and very entertaining.
Soni writes her letters very well, but when she has a lot to say she reverts to shorthand, so she read hers to me and half way through she stoped and apologized for the letter being upside down, turned it right side up and continued on.


Austin wished me a "Mare kresmes and a hapy noo yer" , "Mare ester", and a "hapy brfty". He also shared his testimony, "I no the sckrepsrs are troo", and many other sweet misspelled words that I will really miss as he continues to master his vocabulary.
Eve used a long standing family joke to congratulate me on my second favorite gift...fixing my washer before the repair man came and made me pay $60 to pull the 3 in screw out of one of the drain holes.

Although Bingham didn't put anything down on paper he was very much a part of the moment, climbing up, down, around and in between.
One year older and completely worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment