We got to St.George by about 5 and met up with Phil's parents and Spencer and his family. So good to see them all again. After swimming and pizza we got the kids in bed so Phil could get a good nights sleep. They were up and gone by 4:30...in the rain! There hasn't been rain for the St.George marathon in 25 years. By the time I got the kids up and breakfast, it was time to go meet the guys. Very weird to think they could run a whole marathon in the time it takes me to get my kids ready every morning...it puts a different time frame on things. We met up with Spencer just as he had about 3 miles to go, so I got out there to wait for Phil and sent the kids with Grandma. My plan was to run with Phil the last couple miles, and I'm glad I did. For anyone who's run a marathon, you know what kind of a moment that is.
Spencer finished at 3 hours and 20 seconds...or maybe it was 19, because his goal was to go under 3 hours and he just missed it by 20 seconds! Ahhhh! Although he did win his division, Phil got 12th in the same division coming in at about 3:33...which is what he trained for. Very proud of both of them. They both just wanted a big ol' hamburger when they were done.
Now for the real marathon..hehe. See, we hung around St.George probably a little too long, and didn't get on the road til about 5pm. I knew it would be a long ride home, but I had it easy compared to poor Eve, who started throwing up about half way home. It was a continual thing...so we just gave her something to puke in and kept driving. Soni also started spewing, but quickly went back to sleep. By the time we got home, at 4:30 (yup, the whole trip was done in less than 48 hours) the van was pretty messy. So we have spent this week taking turns with the flu and doing ALOT of laundry. I'm hoping desperately that last night was the end...
Now the kids have all of next week off of school and after a week like this, what in the world will we do to keep busy?

1 comment:
No, not puking. Knock no something because we're leaving to California next week, but we've only had one puking incident ever in the car...Jeran, after eating too many cookies at Grandma Jarman's, and we hadn't even left the driveway, so it doesn't really count.
Post a Comment