Austin had a great week this week in school. In fact his teacher stopped me today to tell me how awesome he was...."a completely different person"...I think were the words she used. So of course I have been laying on the praise to encourage this behavior. I guess he feels like a fish out of water because tonight as I was putting him to bed he told me that he got in trouble at school.
What?
So I began to ask questions...when, what happened, with which teacher. The details were very fuzzy, and he was having a hard time remembering. Austin is a pretty bright kid, so the whole time I'm wondering how could such a smart kid not remember why he got in trouble. Well, as we talked it out, it seems he didn't get in trouble...yet, but he was so sure he was going to forget to give me a message about the upcoming Halloween party that in his mind he was already in trouble.
I can't even imagine what goes on inside this boy...
1 comment:
Don't you just want a little scanner inside their brains?
Post a Comment