Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011


Sledding anyone?


How's this for a birthday party? We actually celebrated Austin's birthday 2 weeks ago, with friends and presents, pizza and boffers. Still, not bad for an unbirthday party.


We had plans to go sledding way up in the mountains, but found a much closer spot just past Wetmore on the way. It was perfect.


Now, my kids have seen snow before...even played in it often, but usually only a few inches at a time. So sledding and tumbling and sinking in several feet of perfect powder was a new experience for them. We usually go on a hike for Christmas Eve, but thanks to a few good snow storms, we did this instead.


Eve and Austin spent a lot of time mastering a little boogie board and after a couple of hours they could make it...ah, about half way down the hill.
 Bingham and Soni were born to ride. They were up and down the hill constantly. I kept expecting them to beg to go home...or break an arm or something, but they were unstoppable. Almost every time down, Bingham would hit the powder at the bottom and go flying, and each time he came up smiling...face covered in snow.





I can't remember the last time I went sledding, but I remember being a lot more competitive than I am now; having to go the fastest or farthest, or jump the highest. This time I was pretty content to just make it to the bottom of the hill and I'm already feelin' the pain. Santa better bring an ice pack because the kids want to go back next week.

1 comment:

Becky said...

this is jordan.I wish we had snow.