Nine years. That’s a lot to celebrate. Especially when you live your life like Austin does…10 feet off the ground and 90 miles an hour. Now if we could just figure out how to apply that “zest” to his spelling homework….seriously….I’m open to suggestions. I made the mistake of telling him that I have always struggled with spelling so now he blames it on me; says it’s in his DNA.
But really, what a loveable kid, and our world would be a pretty quiet place without him….too quiet.
This year we’ve had warm weather all season…and have really missed the snow, but it sure made the wiener roast we planned for Austin’s party a lot more enjoyable. We had a few friends over, several different kinds of weapons, plenty of ammo and fire.
Good times for all.
We even got a hold of some of those mondo marshmallows to test out. The verdict is…WOW, so cool, but really…that’s a LOT of mallow. Very scientific, I know.
(here’s Bingham trying to eat a mallow all in one bite…and I’m guessing from the ketchup all over his face, this is how the hotdog went down too.)
All in all it was a great way to celebrate another year with Austin, and I’m so looking forward to whatever the 10th year brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment