Monday, April 6, 2009

The short list

We are so thankful to be home again, nothing like falling asleep in your own bed...but I'm really getting ahead of myself....and this is just the short list :)

I am so thankful for.....

Kids that know how to travel.
A tire that waited to go flat until we were all safe in bed.
Child care that is so wonderful that my kids barely notice when I walk in the door.
Sisters (and a mom) that make me think hard, laugh harder, and live better.
Beautiful snowy weather that didn't interfere at all with our travel.
Sweet reminders of my heritage.
Mud rooms and washing machines.
Prepared dinners that hit the spot.
Time to walk and relax.
Missed opportunities and lessons learned.
Time with awesome nieces and nephews.
Mud rooms and washing machines.
Big dinners and crowded kitchens.
Farming fruit trees.
Sticky fingers and busy neighbors.
A freezer small enough to fit in my van but more than big enough to hold a lot of beef.
Cell phone calls from my conscience.
Airplanes.
Facebook.
Testimonies born in an Australian accent.
My complete lack of control of things that are meant to be.
E-mail and old pictures.
Water slides and kiddie pools.
A van big enough to carry everything except a piano. (maybe next time)
AM radio stations that stream conference into our car in the middle of the mountains.
Safe travel.
Falling asleep in our own beds.

3 comments:

Mary said...

It was so good to have you here. Thanks for getting us going on the computer. Joie has been on now, and spends time looking at the pictures. The 2nd time I was in there I thought, "I should be writing down what she says." ...So many stories she has to tell, and I'm glad she remembers.

Mary said...

Oh, and did Becky tell you Ben (Jarma) knows Lotus?

Kim said...

Oh - I love mud rooms too! Sounds like you had a fun trip!